If you’re looking for a party appetizer recipe that’s the ideal trifecta: easy, mouthwatering and impressive, look no further than Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Feta.
Like the Curried Chicken Liver Pâté I shared with you yesterday, this recipe is New Year’s Eve party fare from my dear friend Dorothy.
It’s the flavor complexity of these bacon wrapped dates that makes them so irresistible – crisp salty bacon wrapped around soft and sweet dates stuffed with salty, creamy feta. They come together in minutes. Simply replace the date pit with feta, wrap in thin sliced bacon, bake and serve.
These are delicious warm from the oven and at room temperature. And the recipe is easily scalable – make 6 or 60 (or even more!).
These will disappear fast at your next party. And if you’re looking for more inspiration, here is a whole collection of Party Food Ideas from Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp and Broccoli Tots to Pita Bread made from scratch and dips to go with it like Tzatziki and White Bean Hummus. And if you love food wrapped in bacon, don’t miss these incredible Bacon Wrapped Shrimp or Bacon Wrapped Scallops!
Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Feta
- 12 dates pitted
- 3 ounces feta (such as Valbreso)
- 4 thin strips bacon cut in thirds crosswise
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet and place oven-safe rack on top.
- Stuff each date with as much feta as it will hold. Wrap each in 1/3 strip of bacon and place seam side down on rack. Repeat with remaining dates.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.