This post may contain affiliate links.
Does this Heirloom Tomato Salad just look like summer in a bowl? So decadent! Every bite holds a new flavor fusion; mozzarella, tomato and basil; olives, tomato, a little crunch of salt; basil, cucumber, mozzarella, olive oil. Serve a generous portion of this salad with a lightly boiled ear of fresh, sweet corn or a hunk of Cheesy Garlic Bread and you have the perfect lunch.
Heirloom tomatoes are special: green with darker green zebra stripes; deep, almost black, red, canary yellow, brilliant orange. And it's not just the color - the textures are so different, from juicy to firm, sweet to tangy. Combine them with creamy mozzarella, kalamata olives, sweet basil, buttery olive oil (and pasta to make Checca Sauce), and there it is - summer in a bowl.
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Cucumber, Fresh Mozzarella and Olives
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes a variety, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cucumber peeled if you like, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1" chunks
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cut in ½" cubes
- 10 kalamata olives or more, pitted and halved
- handful fresh basil leaves sliced thin
- a few swirls of extra virgin olive oil 2 to 3 tablespoons
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
Leave a Comment