This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.

Even though I love pork belly ramen, I’m not crazy about soggy pork belly. I want it to still have a little chew and be crispy on the edges! In this pork belly ramen recipe, I use homemade ramen noodles (optional), and my super simple Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly that’s crisped up just before adding to the soup. The broth is delicate with hints of ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil and soft cooked eggs. For flavor, texture, and to make the soup more nutritious, I add some baby bok choy and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions and Thai basil. Then a bit of sriracha for kick! It’s the perfect bowl of ramen!

Pork Belly Ramen served

Pork belly ramen is one of those magical meals that leaves you wondering why all recipes can’t be that easy and taste that good. The flavors are incredibly complex and every bite is different. Once you’ve cooked your pork belly and made your ramen noodles, this soup comes together in just a few minutes. For me, there are a few essentials: pork belly quickly crisped up in a pan and added to the soup just before serving, perfectly cooked egg halves on top and fresh herbs for the top like Thai basil, cilantro and green onions.

Tip: Steaming eggs for 8 minutes is perfect! Put the eggs in the steamer basket after the water is boiling.

If you haven’t tried my crispy pork belly recipe yet, promise me you will! It will take you 5 minutes to put it together. (Or make my easy Korean Pork Belly or Chashu Pork, an essential topping in any ramen house!) You can also swap in Miso Ramen Broth or Shoyu Ramen Broth and try my easy Soy Sauce Eggs for another traditional ramen topper!

Recipe Video

Pork Belly Ramen

5 from 9 votes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: Asian
Calories: 707
Servings: 4 people
Even though I love pork belly ramen, I’m not crazy about soggy pork belly. I want it to be crispy on the edges! In this pork belly ramen recipe, I use homemade ramen noodles (optional), and my super simple Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly that’s crisped up just before adding to the soup. The broth is delicate with hints of ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil and soft cooked eggs. For flavor, texture, and to make the soup more nutritious, I add some baby bok choy and garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions and Thai basil. Then a bit of sriracha for kick! It’s the perfect bowl of ramen!

Ingredients

• 6 cups chicken stock
  • 1/2 recipe Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly
  • 1/2 recipe Homemade Ramen Noodles
  • 2 heads baby bok choy sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
  • 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 4 large eggs cooked to your desired doneness, halved
  • sriracha as desired
  • green onions chopped, as desired
  • fresh cilantro chopped, as desired
  • Thai Basil chopped, as desired

Instructions

• Bring chicken stock to boil.
  • Meanwhile, slice Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly (or other cooked pork belly) into 1/8-inch lengthwise slices. Place in a skillet over medium heat and fry until edges are crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet to a paper towel to drain.
  • Add ramen noodles to boiling broth and cook one minute (longer if you’re using dried ramen noodles). After one minute add bok choy and ginger; bring to boil and cook one minute more. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
  • Divide ramen between 4 bowls. Top each with two egg halves, 1/4 of pork belly and desired amounts of sriracha, green onions, cilantro and basil. Serve.

Nutrition

Calories: 707kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 243mg | Sodium: 1883mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 304IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 15mg

Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.

Leave a comment & rate the recipe below!

Related Recipes

38 Comments

1. Camron Mouton says:

Stupid question here. How did you cook the pork belly for the ramen? I cooked my pork belly last night according to your recipe for oven roasted pork belly and it turned out great. Tried cooking one of the strips today in a frying pan and I might have cooked it too high for too long and might have cut the pieces too small. They almost came out like burned cracklins, if you’ve ever had them. Am i frying them in oil or butter?

1. Marissa says:

Not a stupid question at all, Camron! It sounds like you just cooked the strip too long. Since the pork belly is already fully cooked, you’re really just warming it through and then crisping up the edges, no need to add oil or butter to the skillet.

2. Kenneth Jackson says:

5 stars
    This was delicious! The pork belly was perfect crisped before serving. We added bok choy as we just like it. We shared a bowl of fresh made soup with our neighbor who’s live in Italy, France, and the Mexican Riviera..she said it was one of the best things she’s ever eaten..we’re having it for Christmas dinner..lol

1. Marissa says:

I love this, Kenneth! So glad that all of you enjoyed this and thank you for coming back to let me know!

2. Kenneth Jackson says:

Making it again tomorrow night. Love the pork belly your way, but can you suggest maybe other veggie add ins? Mushrooms maybe?

1. Marissa Stevens says:

Hi Kenneth! Mushrooms would be a great add in, but I would sauté them in a skillet in some sesame oil before adding them to the soup. Baby spinach and bean sprouts are other options that you could stir in just before serving. Hope that helps! 😊

3. Rox says:

5 stars
    Followed your recipe to the T. The homemade noodles were delicious. I still cant believe i made ramen noodles without fail. I made the chicken broth myself and followed pork belly recipe to the T too. It tasted authentic like we were eating ramen from a japanese shop. The smell of the broth so delish. My husband slurped it all up without a break 😂. The crowd loved it! Best ramen recipe worth all the work. Thanks for sharing!

1. Marissa says:

Rox, you made my week!! So glad it was such a hit!

2. Tay says:

5 stars
      This was very easy to make and the family loved it! We eat it twice a month now and sometimes more often if hubby gets a craving. LOL

1. Marissa says:

I love to hear that, Tay! Thank you for coming back to let me know!

4. Margaret Rogers says:

I made this last night and wow! It was so good. My husband was very skeptical when I said we were having ramen for dinner. He was thinking $1 ramen cups. Not until I played it, did he understand. I Instagrammed a photo it looked so good. I wish I could post it here. Thank you!

1. Marissa says:

haha, love it! I’m so glad you both enjoyed it, Margaret!

5. Tami Faulkner says:

Wow! So happy to have this recipe! In Olympia, where I live, I have become addicted to Kazuki and Izakawa Ramen. I made this using homemade bone broth for 1/3 of the broth and gluten free ramen noodles I purchased at the Coop. I added sauteed mushrooms, otherwise I followed the recipe closely. It was so good and satisfyingly. Next time I will add a bit more seasoning as is my preference, but I won’t be spending as many $ at the restaurant now!

1. Heidi says:

I’m in Olympia to … about to try this recipe tonight
      So many pho places here I’m hooked so figure let’s try to make some good ramen at home …