Every year I look forward to strawberry season and Strawberry Spinach Salad is the first thing I make. Fresh baby spinach, sweet strawberries, buttery pecans and goat cheese are tossed in a honey sweetened balsamic vinaigrette - it’s so simple to make and beyond delicious.
You might wonder how good Strawberry Spinach Salad can be with its short list of ingredients and easy instructions. But, I promise you, the flavor of this salad is nothing short of spectacular.
I thought that I'd never find an equal to the family favorite spinach salad I grew up with, but this one qualifies. It's one of those salads that you and your family will crave, one that you can rely on when you want to impress lunch or dinner guests.
Perfect Pairings for Strawberry Spinach Salad
Although this salad is hearty enough to make a light meal on its own (Sometimes I top it with crispy Baked Goat Cheese instead of crumbled.), it also makes a great side to these main dishes:
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Kebabs or Chicken Kebabs in the Oven (these are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser!)
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops (A couple of secrets ensure crispy bacon and juicy pork chops!)
- Grilled Chicken Thighs (Crispy skin, tender, juicy chicken with just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!)
- Grilled Shrimp (juicy, delicious and made in minutes!)
- Carne Asada (my authentic go-to recipe!)
- Grilled Lamb Chops (these melt in your mouth they're so tender and juicy!)
- Lamb Kabobs (deeply flavorful and made in minutes!)
More Inspiration for Salad Lovers!
- Caesar Salad (My tried and true version of the classic complete with homemade dressing!)
- Wedge Salad (Make the delicious steakhouse classic at home!)
- Greek Salad (When tomatoes are at their peak, we eat this salad on repeat!)
- Tabouli Salad (This one is always a hit at picnics!)
- Chicken Salad with Grapes (A great play of savory and sweet flavors!
- Spinach, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Step 1: For dressing, add balsamic vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. With blender running add olive oil in a steady stream; continue blending until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to pitcher for serving.
Step 2: In a large salad bowl, top spinach with strawberries, pecans and goat cheese. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe Video
Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries quartered
- 2 ounces pecans coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta
For the Dressing:
- Add balsamic vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. With blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream; blend until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Salad:
- Add spinach, strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; gently toss to coat. Serve.