Mashed Red Potatoes
Mashed Red Potatoes make an ideal side dish for your holiday table and are easy enough to make any time!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes (7 or 8 small red potatoes)
- 4 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic about 3 large cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Place raw red potato cubes in a large steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam until very tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
When potatoes are nearly tender, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add salt and olive oil; stir until just heated through. Remove from heat.
Transfer tender potatoes to a large bowl. Pour olive oil mixture over and mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Serve.
- If you're not a fan of olive oil in these mashed red potatoes, no problem! Just increase the butter to 10 tablespoons and skip the olive oil. Likewise, if you want to use just olive oil for a vegan / dairy-free version, use 10 tablespoons of olive oil (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) and skip the butter.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 288mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.2mg