Greek Farro Salad
A mouthwatering combination of nutty farro, crunchy vegetables, cheese and olives in a simple tangy dressing make Greek Farro Salad hearty enough for a main meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 3 cups cooked farro cooled (about 1 cup dry)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium plum tomatoes diced
- 2 medium cucumbers diced (peeled if necessary)
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 24 pitted kalamata olives halved (or pitted Greek olive mix)
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 ounces feta cheese finely diced or crumbled
To a large serving bowl add farro, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Add next 8 ingredients (tomatoes through feta); gently toss to combine. Serve.
- Note that preparation time does not include cooking farro or allowing it to cool.
- For a slightly simpler version of this salad, dress it with Greek Salad Dressing instead.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 422mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 1.9mg