Non Alcoholic Sangria
Finally! A non-alcoholic Sangria to get excited about - all because of an unexpected ingredient that mimics the missing alcohol!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Resting Time 1 hour
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 6 tea bags hibiscus tea I used Tazo brand 'Passion,' see recipe notes
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange bitters I used Fee Brothers brand
- 1 orange sliced into thin rounds
- 1 apple halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grapes red or green or a mix
Place tea bags in a 4 cup measuring pitcher (or larger). Pour boiling water over and let steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, pressing bags against pitcher side with the back of a spoon for maximum flavor. Add ice cubes and stir.
Meanwhile, add honey and water to a small saucepan over low heat. Heat just until honey liquifies and can easily be stirred into the water. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and zest. Set aside to cool.
Transfer tea and any remaining ice cubes to 64-ounce glass pitcher. Stir in honey simple syrup, fresh orange juice and bitters. Stir to combine.
Add orange and apple slices and grapes; gently stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to overnight. Serve.
- If you use loose tea in place of tea bags, use 1/2 ounce for this recipe.
- Soak the sangria for at least an hour or as long as overnight before serving. Stir just before serving.
- I prefer sangria that's lightly sweet. If you like yours sweeter, double the honey simple syrup.
- Many bitters start with base of alcohol, if you prefer to use bitters made without alcohol, these bitters are a good option.
- If you like sparkly sangria, add club soda or even flavored sparkling water: orange, lime, lemon or berry would be delicious!
- Feel free to add more or less fruit or even different fruits to suit your taste.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 39.3mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.3mg