Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
An easy, cheesy and authentic recipe for Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas! Made with flour tortillas and homemade green enchilada sauce from roasted Hatch (or anaheim) chiles!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Resting Time 10 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 enchiladas
- 8 teaspoons olive oil plus more for brushing on baking dish
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups green enchilada sauce see recipe note #1
- 12 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 6-ounce can black olives drained and thinly sliced into rounds (optional)
- sour cream to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste, optional
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl to coat. Add tortilla and fry for 10-15 seconds per side until lightly brown; transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Set aside.
Brush a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Pour in 1 cup of green enchilada sauce and smooth to an even layer with the back of a spoon.
Place one tortilla on a plate and top with 2 tablespoons of sauce, using the back of a spoon to spread it evenly almost to the edges. Top with 1 1/2 ounces shredded chicken across center. Sprinkle with a half ounce each of mozzarella and cheddar. Sprinkle with desired amount of sliced olives. Roll up and place in one end of prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Top enchiladas with remaining sauce, spreading it out to the edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and olives (if desired). Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes until enchiladas are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve topped with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
- Use more or less enchilada sauce to suit your taste. I like them pretty saucy!
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1085mg | Potassium: 126mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 1.4mg