A simple and fantasic recipe for Shrimp Salad. Sure to become a favorite in your home as it is in ours! A great fit for low carb and keto diets!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 lemons divided
- 2 pounds medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup mayonnaise and 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from about 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ribs celery diced small
- butter lettuce leaves optional
Cut one lemon into wedges. (Reserve remaining half lemon for dressing.)
Prepare ice bath for shrimp.
Bring 2 quarts water, lemon wedges and kosher salt to boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked through. Transfer with slotted spoon to ice bath.
When shrimp are cool, lift out of ice bath with slotted spoon. Pat dry and add to large salad bowl.
To a separate bowl add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, capers, dill, and shallot. Squeeze remaining lemon half over (about 1 tablespoon of fresh juice). Whisk until well combined. Season to taste with pepper.
Add celery to shrimp in salad bowl. Spoon mayonnaise mixture over and gently toss to coat evenly.
If desired, line 6 individual serving bowls or salad plates with butter lettuce leaves.
Divide shrimp salad among 6 bowls or plates and serve.
- Note that you'll need 1 1/2 lemons for this recipe - one for the shrimp boiling water and another 1/2 for the dressing.
- Instead of serving shrimp salad over lettuce leaves, you can make shrimp salad sandwiches on soft bread (like brioche buns) or make a shrimp pasta salad by tossing shrimp salad with 4 cups of short pasta (8 ounces) like bow-tie (farfalle) or medium shell and extra lemon juice and zest.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 391mg | Sodium: 3713mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 22.6mg | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 3.5mg