Carne Asada Burrito
Carne Asada Burritos are a a delicious way to turn grilled carne asada into a party!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 6 people
For the Carne Asada tacos
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo
- 2 cans refried beans or 2 1/2 cups homemade refried beans
- 6 ounces shredded jack cheese 6 ounces or more
- 2 medium avocados peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- sour cream to taste
- hot sauce such as Tobasco or Cholula, optional
In a dry pan on the stove top or on a hot grill, warm tortillas about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
To assemble a burrito, spread refried beans on the bottom center of a tortilla. Top with 1/6 of the Carne Asada, cheese, avocado slices, Pico de Gallo, sour cream and hot sauce (optional). Fold bottom side of tortilla over toppings and gently pull back to shape filling. Fold up both sides of tortilla toward the center and tightly roll into a cylinder. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Alternatively, serve warmed tortillas with thinly sliced Carne Asada and individual toppings family-style letting everyone assemble their own burritos.
- When serving these to a group, you may want to have plain or Spanish rice / Mexican rice available as a topping.
- If you're assembling burritos ahead of eating them, wrap in foil to keep warm.
Calories: 703kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 1331mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 295mg | Iron: 5.3mg