Greek Quinoa Salad
Tender quinoa, crunchy vegetables, cheese and olives tossed in a tangy dressing come together to make Greek Quinoa Salad a hearty and delicious main meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more
- 3 cups cooked quinoa cooled (about 1 cup dry)
- 4 medium plum tomatoes diced
- 2 medium cucumbers diced (peeled if necessary)
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 24 pitted kalamata olives halved (or pitted Greek olive mix)
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 ounces feta cheese finely diced or crumbled
In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Continue whisking while you add olive oil in a slow steady stream; whisk until emulsified. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Add quinoa, and next 8 ingredients (tomatoes through feta) to bowl; gently toss to coat and combine. Serve.
- Note that preparation time does not include cooking quinoa or allowing it to cool. Always rinse quinoa until the water runs clear before cooking.
- This salad travels well and holds up for a few days in the refrigerator - perfect for weekday desk lunches!
- The dressing for this salad is essentially a half recipe of Greek Salad Dressing, a staple in our house!
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 2.2mg