Feel free to play around with amounts and ingredients in this salad to make it your own!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
For the Italian Salad Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Italian Salad:
- 15 1/2 ounce can cannellini beans drained (or 1 1/2 cups home cooked)
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 ounces provolone cheese diced small
- 4 ounces salami sliced into thin ribbons
- 6 oil packed sun dried tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 12 kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
To make the dressing:
In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, shallot and Italian seasoning. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For the salad:
Add cannellini beans to dressing and gently stir to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.
Place chopped romaine in a large salad bowl. Top with cheese, salami, sun dried tomatoes, olives and beans with dressing. Gently toss to combine ingredients and coat with dressing; serve.
- Even though it adds 10 minutes, it worth it to give the beans time to marinate in dressing before tossing with the rest of the ingredients. Gives them so much flavor!
- Don't hesitate to swap in some of your favorite meats, cheeses, and/or beans in this recipe. Or add homemade croutons to make it heartier and more like a sandwich! Feel free to make it your own!
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 1352mg | Potassium: 603mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 13985IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 4.8mg