Sweet Potato Hash
Sweet Potato Hash is a healthy breakfast lunch or dinner - such an easy recipe because it's baked in the oven! Top it with fried eggs to make it a hearty meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes diced small, about 1/2-inch
- 10 ounces Brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for frying eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 eggs
Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and green onions. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper; toss to coat evenly.
Pour sweet potato mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle bacon over the top. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time, until vegetables are tender and have some crispy edges.
When hash is ready to serve, heat a skillet over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil and tilt to coat pan. When the oil shimmers, carefully add the eggs. Fry eggs to desired doneness.
Divide sweet potato hash between four plates. Top each with a fried egg. Serve.
- Using a food processor fitted with a slicing disc to slice the Brussels sprouts and even the mushrooms makes quick work of it!
- If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, reheat them by crisping them up in a non-stick skillet with a bit of olive oil!
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 323mg | Potassium: 1150mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 24965IU | Vitamin C: 66.7mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3.3mg