Curry Chicken Salad
Simple, healthy and packed with summer flavors, this is one of my go-to salads. When you BBQ chicken this summer, make extra so you can throw this salad together the next day.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
For the Dressing
- 1 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 pound cooled chicken breast cooked, cut into 1" pieces (baked, barbecued, or poached in salted water)
- 1/2 pound red or green seedless grapes
- 4 ounces roasted cashews
- 4 ribs celery coarsely chopped
- 16 leaves butter lettuce or romaine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (optional)
To make the dressing, whisk yogurt and curry powder together in a small bowl. Add apricot preserves and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine chicken, grapes, cashews, and celery in a serving bowl. Pour dressing over and gently stir to coat. Serve as is or scooped over leaves of butter or romaine lettuce and sprinkle with chives. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Serve.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 467mg | Potassium: 961mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 2380IU | Vitamin C: 6.9mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 3.9mg