Oatmeal in a Little Black Dress
Use your imagination in coming up with combinations to try. I've listed some of my favorite combinations.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
Servings 1 serving
- 8 ounce wide-mouth canning jar
- 1/3 cup oats (I love extra-thick oats)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- small pinch kosher salt
- dried apples, cinnamon, almonds to taste
- pumpkin pie spice, toasted walnuts to taste
- Turkish apricots, candied ginger, cinnamon to taste
- walnuts, raisins, cinnamon to taste
- dried pineapple, banana chips, shredded coconut
Combine basics and your choice of additions in an 8-ounce wide-mouth canning jar.
Add boiling water (or other liquid) just to cover ingredients.
Screw on lid and wait 3 minutes.
Stir and enjoy!