Roasted Tomato Pasta with Kale and Mozzarella
I've called for canned tomatoes, but Slow Roasted Tomatoes also work wonderfully in this recipe.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 10 ounces penne or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot coarsely chopped
- 29 ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes such as Muir Glen
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella shredded
Cook penne according to package directions.
Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and kale; cook and stir until most of the liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated and kale is tender.
Drain pasta and add directly into tomato mixture; stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Divide pasta mixture into two serving bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Divide mozzarella evenly over bowls and serve.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 1134mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 7375IU | Vitamin C: 100.4mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 4.8mg