Dorothy's Shrimp Crab and Avocado Salad
I've written this recipe for 4 salads, but you could easily divide it into smaller portions for 8 to 10 appetizer portions.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1-1/2 cups spicy tomato juice such as V8 or R.W. Knudsen Very Veggie Spicy
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice about 2 limes
- generous pinch of salt
- hot pepper sauce to taste, such as Tabasco or Cholula
- 2 medium shallots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 pound fresh crab meat
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp preferably with tail in tact (just because they're pretty :) )
In a medium bowl whisk together tomato juice, ketchup, lime juice and salt. Season to taste with hot pepper sauce to taste. Stir in shallots and cilantro.
Gently fold avocado, crab and shrimp into tomato juice mixture.
Divide between 4 plates and serve.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 1059mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 18.7mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2.2mg