Romain Wedge Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese
You'll have dressing left over - use it for other salads or as a raw vegetable dip.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 recipe Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 slices thick bacon cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 large head romaine lettuce quartered lengthwise into wedges
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- finely chopped chives optional
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sourdough cubes; cook and stir until cubes are lightly browned on all sides. Remove from skillet and reserve.
Add bacon to same skillet; cook and stir until bacon is crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel to drain.
Carefully rinse and dry romaine wedges, doing your best to keep them intact.
Arrange romaine wedges on a platter. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on salad and sprinkle with remaining ingredients. Serve.