You can poach raw shrimp that you've peeled and deveined in water seasoned with salt, a bay leaf and some peppercorns. Let them cool before assembling the salad. Or, to make it even easier, begin with already cooked shrimp that you've purchased from your grocery store or fish monger.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish or prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice ideally fresh
- 2 tablespoons capers coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce such as Tabasco brand
- 2 pounds medium cooked shrimp peeled and deveined, chilled
- 1 small head butter lettuce washed and separated into leaves
Stir together first 11 ingredients (mayonnaise through hot pepper sauce) until smooth, in a bowl large enough to hold the shrimp. Add shrimp and gently toss to coat evenly.
Divide butter lettuce leaves among 4 serving plates and top each with 1/4 of shrimp remoulade. Serve.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 583mg | Sodium: 2130mg | Potassium: 203mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 13.6mg | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 5.2mg