Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Serve this crisp tender, lightly charred broccoli and cauliflower as a side dish or as a light and satisfying main dish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pound cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon optional
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange broccoli and cauliflower florets in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean up. Drizzle with olive oil and season with kosher salt.
Roast broccoli and cauliflower for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender with lightly charred edges.
If desired, squeeze juice from lemon half evenly over and finish with kosher salt to taste. Serve.
Optional flavor enhancing ideas:
Drizzle or toss roasted broccoli and cauliflower with one of the following:
- Miso Butter – mash together 2 tablespoons room temperature butter with 1 tablespoon miso and toss with hot roasted broccoli and cauliflower just before serving.
- Anchovy Butter – combine 1 minced clove garlic, 2 tablespoons butter and 4 anchovy filets in a small sauce pan over medium heat; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant and anchovies have melted. Drizzle over just before serving.
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Crushed Red Pepper – squeeze the juice from half a lemon over hot roasted broccoli and cauliflower and sprinkle with a pinch or two of crushed red pepper just before serving.
- Sesame Soy – combine 1 tablespoon each of Soy Sauce and Toasted Sesame Oil in a small bowl along with several grinds of black pepper; drizzle over just before serving.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 162.9mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.5mg