This post may contain affiliate links.
These Multi Seed Crackers with Oats are naturally gluten free, made with just old-fashioned oats, a variety of seeds, olive oil, salt and water. That's it! They're crispy and crunchy - a perfect snack on their own or paired with cheese.
If you had asked me a week ago if it was possible to make an entirely flourless cracker, I would have answered, 'no.' But I was wrong. With old fashioned oats, a variety of seeds, a little water, oil and sea salt, you can make spectacular multi seed crackers.
These are very simple to make, just a handful of ingredients spread thin and baked until crisp.
I will warn you though, that flipping the cracker half way through the cooking time is a tense moment. Don't worry if it doesn't stay exactly in one piece, you can press any pieces together that shift. Once crisp, you'll break the cracker apart into shards of various sizes and end up with some crumbles that are wonderful sprinkled over salads or even your morning yogurt.
Serve this lightly salted, delicately crisp multi seed cracker on it's own, with savory or sweet spreads or as part of a cheese and charcuterie platter (they're especially delicious with ripe, creamy cheeses).
Multi Seed Cracker with Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats I used extra-thick
- ¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds white or black or a mixture
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and salt. Add oil and water and stir to combine. Let stand 15 minutes, until mixture has absorbed moisture.
- Stir oat mixture again then transfer to prepared baking sheet. Press second sheet of parchment over mixture and use your hands to press and pull it into a fairly even layer. Finish this process with a rolling pin, using it to flatten the cracker to an even layer ⅛" to ¼"-thick. Remove and reserve top layer of parchment.
- Bake cracker until edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and, using the parchment paper, carefully turn cracker over onto baking sheet (take care not to burn your hands!). Return to oven and bake until center is firm and golden brown around the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet, then break with your hands into pieces of varying size. (Reserve any crumbles for use as salad toppings or even to top your morning yogurt.)