Show mom how much you love and appreciate her with food and cocktails that you’ve made yourself from scratch! Here are the 55+ best Mother's Day breakfast recipes and brunch recipes to make it easy and fun.
Breakfast and Brunch Egg & Potato Recipes
Eggs and potatoes are essential Mother’s Day breakfast and brunch fare and here are some of my favorites!
- Breakfast Quiche: A classic with custardy eggs, cheese, leeks, and bacon piled into a crispy, flaky pie crust. And the best part is that quiches are customizable to your favorite varieties of cheese and meat.
- Easy Breakfast Frittata: Essentially a crustless quiche, this frittata is fluffy and loaded with cheese, bacon, caramelized onions - delicious at any temperature. It’s quick and easy to make and a great Mother's Day dish for all levels of home cooks from beginner to expert.
- Easy Baked Eggs Recipe: Also called shirred eggs, baked eggs are a family favorite for any holiday and make an extra special treat for Mother's Day. Cheesy, rich and made start to finish in about 15 minutes.
- Roasted Vegetable Frittata: Cheesy, fluffy and vegetable loaded, this is a delicious and healthy option with roasted potatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, tomato, and onion.
- Spinach Smoked Gouda Frittata with Tomatoes: Similar to a quiche, this spinach smoked gouda frittata should be a Mother's Day staple. Fluffy eggs, spinach, savory smoked gouda cheese, and ripe tomato to top it all off.
- Baby Kale, Mushroom, and Gruyere Strata: Just 25 mins to cook and 15 mins to prep, this wholesome and delicious dish is rich with sourdough bread, eggs, onions, olive oil, garlic, and gruyere cheese.
- Cheesy Gougère Baked Eggs: A gougere is a great addition to any meal, especially when there’s a cheesy egg baked inside!
- Fines Herbes Omelet: This classic French dish is as delicious as it is easy to make. Rich and herbaceous, it’s always a hit at breakfast or brunch.
- Breakfast Potatoes: A classic any day of the year and a must for Mother's Day brunch. A simple trick that might surprise you makes these ultra crispy outside and creamy in the middle.
- Skillet Potatoes: Oven busy with other things, make these crispy, creamy potatoes on your stove top in a cast iron skillet.
Waffles, Pancakes, Scones, Crepes, and French Toast
Whether your mom likes her baked breakfast breads savory or sweet, you’ll find lots of mouthwatering options here.
- Belgian Waffle Recipe: Have you ever made yeasted waffles? If not, you’re missing out! They are the best waffles I know, delicately crisp on the outside, tender within and feather light. So convenient with a simple make-ahead batter!
- Banana Pancakes: Who doesn’t love the Jack Johnson song, right? These Banana pancakes are a hybrid of pancakes and crepes with pan caramelized bananas, pineapple and sweetened creme fraiche.
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes: Wholesome, delicious and are prepared in just 15 minutes, with a batter that’s made entirely in your blender. (A great options for mom’s eating a gluten free diet.)
- Brioche French Toast: Fluffy, custardy and lightly sweet, this may be the ideal breakfast for Mother's day.
- Bread Pudding Pancakes with Buttery Cinnamon Syrup: This unique dish is a cross between bread pudding and French toast that will melt in your mouth.
- Savory Crepes: Crepes are a French classic! This savory version blends ham, cheese, inside tender crepes. Conveniently baked in the oven with easy tips for making ahead.
- Savory Scones with Gruyere and Chives: Scones are always a hit and this rich and savory version is loaded with gruyere cheese and chives.
- Savory French Toast: Who says French toast has to be sweet? If you’ve never had its savory counterpart, you must! Made in about 10 minutes.
Salads and Salad Dressings
Celebrate the season with these fresh and festive salad options!
- Crab Salad: If it's seafood mom craves, this crab salad recipe is a must. Simple and perfect with real lump crab meat, celery, a creamy mayonnaise dressing, capers, parsley, and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Spinach Strawberry Walnut Salad: Beautiful on the plate with savory, salty and sweet flavors and a homemade fresh strawberry dressing, this salad is a must when strawberries are in season.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad: A refreshing salad of baby spinach, strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese tossed in a honey-sweetened balsamic vinaigrette.
- Smoked Salmon Salad with Farro & Goat Cheese: Hearty enough to be a delectable main attraction with smoky salmon, tender farro, and creamy goat cheese.
- Arugula Salad: Welcome at any meal, this simple salad is made with tener baby arugula, buttery pine nuts, and parmesan cheese with a light dressing of fresh lemon juice, honey, and olive oil. Made in less than 10 minutes.
- Arugula Apple Salad: An earthy, crunchy, sweet and creamy salad of arugula, apple slices, goat cheese, pecans, and sweet-tangy dressing.
- Warm Kale Salad with Almonds and Golden Raisins: A one-of-a-kind dish that’s always a hit with fresh kale, raisins, almonds, and parmesan cheese.
- Salad Lyonnaise: With a warm bacon dressing, pleasantly bitter frisee and a perfectly poached egg, this is a traditional French bistro salad that’s surprisingly easy to make at home!
- Shrimp Salad: Creamy and delectable with fresh shrimp, capers, celery, dill, and a rich homemade dressing.
- Seafood Pasta Salad: If you are looking for something light but filling, this spectacular seafood pasta salad is the way to go on Mother's Day. Quick and easy to make, it includes ingredients such as shrimp, pasta, celery, capers, dill, and a rich salad dressing.
- Strawberry Vinaigrette: Fresh strawberries, strawberry preserves, and a kiss of honey give this dressing its vibrant color and standout flavor.
- Champagne Vinaigrette: A simple and perfect dressing for greens made simply with champagne vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, shallots, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: This is one honey-sweetened dressing that everyone loves. Versatile and ideal for salad combinations that include mixed baby greens with blue cheese or goat cheese, and nuts like hazelnuts, walnuts, or pecans and fresh fruits like berries, apples or peaches.
Snacks and Appetizers
If you want to host a laid-back brunch where it’s easy to graze and enjoy small bites, here are some great menu options.
- Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp: Quick and easy, just 20 minutes to prepare. Don’t miss my tip for perfectly crisp bacon and succulent shrimp every time! Great if mom is following a keto or low-carb diet.
- Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp: Who doesn't like coconut shrimp? It's a favorite on any occasion and perfect Mother's Day. Here the shrimp are juicy sweet and extra crispy, but baked, not fried!
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops: Juicy scallops wrapped in crispy bacon, conveniently made in your oven. These are so easy to make and always disappear fast!
- Crab Cakes: This recipe is all about the flavor of crab not the breading as so many crab cakes are. For a true crab lover, these never disappoint!
- Blue Cheese Crostini with Pecans and Honey: Crunchy toasts piled high melty blue cheese and nutty pecans and drizzled with honey, these are a party favorite.
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus: Beautiful on the platter and delightful to devour, made with just a few simple ingredients..
- Baked Goat Cheese: Crispy on the outside and creamy within, these baked goat cheese rounds make a delectable appetizer or salad topping.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus: Delicious at any temperature, these are ideal for your brunch table. See the recipe video for pro-tips on wrapping the asparagus just right every time..
Festive and beautiful libations that are perfect for Mother’s Day brunch.
- Rhubarb Cocktail: So pretty in pink and tangy sweet with fresh rhubarb, fresh lemon juice, white rum and a rosemary infused simple syrup.
- Peach Bellini Recipe: A bubbly, fruity cocktail straight from Venice, Italy. Beautiful to serve and simple to make.
- French 75 Cocktail Recipe: The French 75 is a classic cocktail with ‘punch,’ made with champagne, gin and a fresh lemon juice simple syrup.
- Campari Spritz: Cool and refreshing, this Campari, prosecco, and club soda cocktail is sweet and bubbly.
- The Vesper: James Bond made this one famous. Floral, bright and complex with gin, vodka, Lillet blanc, and an orange twist.
Beautiful beverages that are fun to drink and happen to be alcohol-free.
- Non-Alcoholic Sangria: Beautiful in the pitcher, a sangria sans alcohol with hibiscus tea, honey, lemon juice, orange juice and bitters, garnished with fresh grapes and apple slices.
- Virgin Margarita: Finally! A margarita mocktail that tastes like the real thing.
- Cucumber Lemon Mint Water: Simple and refreshing icy cold water kicked up with fresh cucumbers, lemon slices, and fresh mint leaves.
- Lavender Chamomile Mint Tea with Lemon and Honey: Both relaxing and refreshing this warming tea has chamomile, fresh lemon, mint, and honey.
- Homemade Drinking Vinegar: Believe it or not, fruit and herb infused vinegar makes one of the most refreshing drinks you’ll ever have.
No Mother’s Day brunch spread is complete without dessert!
- Homemade Chouquettes: These delightful French sugar puffs are at once light, airy, rich and totally irresistible.
- Crepe Cake: Crepe Cake transforms beloved traditional crepes into a stunning dessert by stacking layers of delicate crepes, each separated by creamy whipped cream frosting, to create an mouth watering centerpiece for your table.
- Strawberry Pie: Fresh Strawberry Pie is the quintessential Mother’s Day treat.
- Affogato: A simple and perfect Italian treat of vanilla ice cream doused with a shot of espresso and crowned with loosely whipped cream. (Instant espresso powder is your secret to making this in minutes!)
- Chocolate Panna Cotta: If your mom is a chocolate lover, she’ll love this creamy rich and decadent Italian treat.
- World Peace Cookies: Famed French pastry chef Pierre Hermé created these cookies, named because they’re so delicious they could bring about world peace. Here I’ve offered a simplified method from the original version for wrangling the crumbly dough.
- Butter Cookies: Buttery rich and decadent melt-in-your-mouth butter cookies that are so simple to make.
- Coconut Macaroons: Chewy sweet and coconut rich, these chocolate chip cookies are both beautiful and addictive.
- Apple Crisp: An easy technique for making the crisp topping makes this classic dessert a snap to make.
- Tipsy Pear and Apple Crisp: Slightly boozy and totally delicious, this is a fun twist on the traditional recipe!.
- Nectarines with Vanilla Yogurt and Grand Marnier: Sliced sweet nectarines nectarines topped with creamy vanilla yogurt and a splash of grand Marnier liqueur, a simple and perfect dessert.