When I’m in the mood for a hearty, no-fuss breakfast, Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are perfect. They’re fluffy and tender and the batter is made in minutes, entirely in the blender. I love to top them with butter and a generous drizzle of real maple syrup!
I typically make banana pancakes that are a cross between a crepe and a traditional pancake. I love them, but they require some finesse and a bit of time to prepare. So the first time I made these banana oatmeal pancakes, I was really skeptical that they would turn out well.
I piled the ingredients into a blender, whirled them into a creamy batter and thought, “This is just too easy!” But then I scooped the batter onto a hot skillet and watched them puff up beautifully and then, more importantly, I tasted them! Delicately sweet from ripe banana rounded out with warm nuttiness from the oats. And so tender that they melt in your mouth tender. Hungry yet?
These also happen to be gluten free pancakes. So if you love pancakes, but are dealing with gluten sensitivity, you’ve got to try these!
More of My Favorite Breakfast Recipes
- Belgian Waffles (The best waffle I know – light as air, crisp on the outside and tender in the middle. A make ahead batter with yeast that’s so convenient!)
- Baked Eggs (A perfect pair to these pancakes!)
- Breakfast Quiche (Decadent and perfect for celebration brunches!)
How to Make Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
1. Combine oats, baking powder, salt, milk and ripe banana in a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. Add eggs, honey and vanilla and blend just until combined.
2. Add butter to a hot pan and swirl to coat. Scoop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet and cook until the batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook through. Transfer to serving plate and repeat with remaining batter.
3. Serve hot pancakes with butter and real maple syrup.
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe Video
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large ripe banana cut into 1-inch thick rounds
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- butter to taste
- real maple syrup to taste
- Combine oats, baking powder, salt, milk and banana in a blender pitcher; blend until smooth, stopping the blender and stirring the mixture with a spatula as necessary to keep it moving. Add eggs, honey and vanilla and blend just until combined. (If your batter seems too thick, add milk to the blender a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.) Pour batter into a medium bowl for scooping.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat until hot; add 2 teaspoons butter and swirl to coat. Scoop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet and cook until batter starts to bubble. (If batter seems to be cooking too fast, reduce heat; too slow increase heat slightly.) Flip and cook through. Transfer to serving plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with butter and real maple syrup.