This post may contain affiliate links.
There are a couple of times during the year when I can't get enough Cucumber Lemon Mint Water. In January, after weeks of holiday indulgence it tastes like a fresh start. I crave it again in the summer when it’s 90 degrees outside and 5 o’clock rolls around. My mind may wander to a mint julep or a mojito, which I'll happily indulge in on the weekend, but this brightly flavored infused water fills in perfectly during the week.
In both cases, it's really just a craving for something refreshing and a little more exciting than plain water. Making this couldn’t be simpler, and you’ll be amazed at how much flavor it packs with no juice or sugar and negligible calories.
Ingredients You Need to Make Cucumber Lemon Mint Water
- Cucumber: Standard cucumber peeled or an unpeeled English or Persian cucumber.
- Lemon: Regular or Meyer lemon (sweeter).
- Mint: Fresh peppermint or spearmint leaves.
It's as simple as thinly slicing cucumber and lemon and adding them them with a few sprigs of fresh mint to a pitcher of cold water. (It’s fun to munch on the cucumber slices as you drink the water – they get so cold and crunchy!)
This Cucumber Lemon Mint Water recipe (cucumber water meets lemon water with a mint blast!) is even better after a night in the fridge. And if you finish the water, you can refill the pitcher once more (refrigerate for an hour before pouring). Plan to enjoy the water within about one day and then it's time to make a fresh batch! Or try Non-Alcoholic Sangria, a Virgin Mojito or a Virgin Margarita next time - a few more of my weekday favorites.
Whether you're after the health benefits of the individual ingredients, a detox water, an aid to weight loss, or just a refreshing alcohol free beverage, this is a fantastic option!
- Swap in a different citrus fruit (lime, blood orange, grapefruit) or use a combination.
- Use other herbs like fresh rosemary instead of mint or a combination of the two.
- Add some sliced celery along with the cucumber to add another layer of flavor.
Cucumber Lemon Mint Water
- 8 cups cold water ideally filtered
- ½ large cucumber peeled and thinly sliced (no need to peel thin-skinned English or Persian cucumbers)
- ½ large lemon thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves loosely packed
- Combine water, cucumber, lemon, and mint leaves in a 64-ounce pitcher. Refrigerate at least one hour and up to one day before serving (flavor will intensify the longer it sits).
- I love this glass pitcher (pictured in the post). It has a stainless steel lid with a built in filter, similar to a French press, that strains out the solids and conveniently pours just the flavored water.
- If you drink all of the water before the day is up, refill pitcher with water for a second round. Again refrigerating for an hour before serving. The flavor won't be quite as strong, but still refreshing.