This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Virgin Mojito, with its blend of zesty lime and cool mint, offers a revitalizing escape without a drop of alcohol. With the brightness of fresh mint, tang of lime and subtle sweetness of agave nectar in every sip, this mocktail version of the classic cocktail invigorates the senses without the buzz.
Ideal for those sweltering summer evenings, festive gatherings, or anytime you’re craving a simple, refreshing drink. And the best part? This mocktail recipe requires just 10 minutes of your time.
Table of Contents
Ingredients You Need to Make Virgin Mojitos
- Fresh Mint: Look for vibrant, green leaves free of blemishes or yellowing.
- Lime: Choose a firm fruit with a glossy skin; it should give slightly when squeezed.
- Agave Nectar: Look for a variety without added sugars or fillers. You can also use maple syrup, honey or simple syrup if you prefer.
- Ice: cubes or crushed (see recipe tips)
- Club Soda: A well-carbonated brand will give your Mojito the right fizz. Sparkling water is also an option – plain or lime flavored.
- Muddling Matters: Aim to release as many oils from the mint leaves and juice from the limes as possible for maximum flavor and color.
- Agave Advantage: Agave nectar is the perfect sweetener for this Virgin Mojito mocktail. Its caramel undertones mirror tequila’s flavor, as both come from the agave plant. This similarity subtly infuses the drink with a hint of that traditional mojito spirit, without the alcohol.
- Lime Zest: For an extra layer of lime flavor, add a little lime zest to your drink.
- Ice Choice: If using crushed ice, remember it will melt faster than larger ice cubes. This can dilute the drink, so consider using less soda water in that case.
- Glass Chill: Before serving, chill your glass for about 10 minutes in the freezer. A cold glass keeps your Virgin Mojito refreshing for longer.
- Fizzy Factor: To ensure maximum fizziness, add the club soda just before serving. This preserves the carbonation and gives the drink its signature effervescence.
- Garnish Game: For a visual treat, garnish with a sprig of mint and a thin slice of lime or lime wedge to elevate the presentation and provide an inviting aroma.
More Festive Non-Alcoholic Drinks
How to Make a Virgin Mojito
Place mint, lime wheel, and agave in a shaker; muddle well with a muddles or wooden spoon. Add lime juice and ice, then shake for 15 seconds. Strain into an iced glass, top with club soda and mix gently. Garnish with mint and lime wheels if you like; serve.
Virgin Mojito Recipe
For a Single Mojito
- 10 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 fresh lime wheel plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice from about 1 lime
- 3 ounces club soda
- Add mint leaves, lime wheel and agave nectar to a cocktail shaker; muddle well (1 minute or more to extract maximum flavor). Add lime juice and several ice cubes. Shake or stir 15 seconds); strain well into ice filled highball glass. Top with club soda and stir gently to combine. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime wheels as desired; serve.
- You can easily double the ingredients to make 2 virgin mojitos at once.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.