The best Balsamic Vinaigrette is made in ten minutes with just four simple ingredients: balsamic vinegar, shallot, honey and olive oil. Make it once and I bet it will become a staple salad dressing in your house just like it is in ours.
This is my go-to dressing not only for this amazing Strawberry Spinach Salad, but for so many leafy green salads. It pairs perfectly with endless cheese and nut varieties and salads with both dried and fresh fruits.
- Mixed Baby Greens
- Bitter Greens: radicchio, endive, arugula
- Cheeses: blue cheese, goat cheese / chèvre, feta
- Nuts: hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts
- Dried Fruits: cranberries, cherries, pears
- Fresh Fruits: apples, berries, peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots
Imagine all of the delicious salads you can create! And for more salad dressing inspiration, don't miss these favorites: Caesar Dressing, Strawberry Vinaigrette, Champagne Vinaigrette and Greek Salad Dressing.
Balsamic Vinaigrette will keep for up to two weeks in your refrigerator. If the oil hardens on top, let it stand at room temperature for fifteen minutes before serving to give the the oil time to liquify. Then swirl or whisk the vinaigrette to combine and serve.
My refrigerator is rarely without a pitcher of this salad dressing. And I predict that once you try it, you'll keep it on hand as well.
How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
Step 1: Add balsamic vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: With blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream to balsamic vinegar mixture; blend until emulsified.
Step 3: Transfer dressing to small pitcher and serve.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher. Season lightly with salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
- With blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream; blend until emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend until combined. Transfer to pitcher and serve.