This post may contain affiliate links.
Every year I look forward to strawberry season and Strawberry Spinach Salad is the first thing I make. Fresh baby spinach, sweet strawberries, buttery pecans and goat cheese are tossed in a honey sweetened balsamic vinaigrette - it’s so simple to make and beyond delicious.
You might wonder how good Strawberry Spinach Salad can be with its short list of ingredients and easy instructions. But, I promise you, the flavor of this salad is nothing short of spectacular.
I thought that I'd never find an equal to the family favorite spinach salad I grew up with, but this one qualifies. It's one of those salads that you and your family will crave, one that you can rely on when you want to impress lunch or dinner guests.
Perfect Pairings for Strawberry Spinach Salad
Although this salad is hearty enough to make a light meal on its own (Sometimes I top it with crispy Baked Goat Cheese instead of crumbled.), it also makes a great side to these main dishes:
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Kebabs or Chicken Kebabs in the Oven (these are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser!)
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops (A couple of secrets ensure crispy bacon and juicy pork chops!)
- Grilled Chicken Thighs (Crispy skin, tender, juicy chicken with just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!)
- Grilled Shrimp (juicy, delicious and made in minutes!)
- Carne Asada (my authentic go-to recipe!)
- Grilled Lamb Chops (these melt in your mouth they're so tender and juicy!)
- Lamb Kabobs (deeply flavorful and made in minutes!)
More Inspiration for Salad Lovers!
- Caesar Salad (My tried and true version of the classic complete with homemade dressing!)
- Wedge Salad (Make the delicious steakhouse classic at home!)
- Greek Salad (When tomatoes are at their peak, we eat this salad on repeat!)
- Tabouli Salad (This one is always a hit at picnics!)
- Chicken Salad with Grapes (A great play of savory and sweet flavors!
- Spinach, Strawberry and Walnut Salad with fresh Strawberry Vinaigrette
How to Make Strawberry Spinach Salad
Step 1: For dressing, add balsamic vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. With blender running add olive oil in a steady stream; continue blending until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to pitcher for serving.
Step 2: In a large salad bowl, top spinach with strawberries, pecans and goat cheese. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and gently toss to coat. Serve.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe Video
Strawberry Spinach Salad
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries quartered
- 2 ounces pecans coarsely chopped
- 3 ounces crumbled goat cheese or feta
For the Dressing:
- Add balsamic vinegar, shallot and honey to a blender pitcher; blend until smooth. With blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream; blend until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Salad:
- Add spinach, strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; gently toss to coat. Serve.
Steven Smith says
I love this salad. Have you ever tried mixing a blueberry vinaigrette and ranch dressing as a topping? Also candied nuts tend to lend a sweetness i crave to this salad. Bacon never hurts also. This would be a perfect opportunity to add your favorite crouton recipe here as well. Your old bread with maybe some butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese that melts in your mouth on top this salad would really bring it home!
Hi, Steven! So glad you're enjoying salad - thanks for your ideas on mixing it up!
mimi rippee says
Ah, I was reluctant to pop over, because I was (mostly) sure that I'd see a cup of white sugar in your poppy seed dressing. I should know you better by now!!! One tablespoon of honey - that's more like it! Lovely salad.
Love this comment, Mimi - thank you! xo
Joanne Rappos says
One of my fav summer salads!! It’s always a hit at bbqs too!! Love it Marissa!!
Thank you, Joanne! Yes, always a crowd pleaser! 🙂
Berries are getting to their prime season so this salad is going to be tried very soon! Looks delicious!
You know I love to hear that, Kevin!
Katherine | Love In My Oven says
Strawberries, pecans, spinach...what more could you want from a salad!? It's the perfect spring-time salad!!
I agree!! Thank you, Katherine!
YUM! I need to try your recipe ASAP. I love my mom's version but there's SO much sugar in the dressing (maybe that's why I like it???). So happy to find decent berries in the market on occasion.... but summer cannot arrive soon enough. So good to finally meet you in person---wish we had more time to chat, but hope we'll get another chance!
I'm excited for you to give this a try, Liz! Loved meeting you in person! Let's make a point to spend more time together next year at EFC!
Kelly | Foodtasia says
Oh Marissa! What a lovely salad! I'm so loving the flavors - strawberry and goat cheese and that dressing - YUMMO!
aww, thank you so much, Kelly!
Marissa, what a beautiful summery salad. Strawberries are my favorite summer fruit, and that dressing looks SO rich and creamy. I could drink it!
Thank you! I think you'll love this, Valentina!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
You're speaking my language here. I LOVE strawberries in my salad, especially with some cheese to make it salty sweet. This sounds AWESOME!
We're simpatico, Kelsie! I love salty sweet combinations too. 🙂
David @ Spiced says
I saw this on Instagram, and it immediately made me want a salad! I love the strawberries + goat cheese combination here. Sign me up for this alongside any grilled summer meal! 🙂
woohoo! I hope you'll give it a try, David!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food says
Such a classic and so so yummy! Pile on the goat cheese, I say 🙂 Lunch goals right there, my friend!
Thanks, Dawn! Pile on the goat cheese for me too!
This looks incredibly fresh and delicious!
Thank you, Angie!
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
One of my favorite salad combos Marissa! Love those sweet strawberries and pecans. Such an easy salad with such great flavor!
It doesn't surprise me that you and I are on the same page about salads, Mary Ann! Thanks so much!
100% agreed. Strawberry & spinach salad is such a simple yet delicious and hearty combo, and I make it at least once each summer, too. I also like adding of some prosciutto for a pronounced smoky flavour.
That's a great addition, Ben! Thank you.