Rosemary and Garlic Chicken Kabobs are tender, juicy and deeply flavorful - a huge hit at any BBQ. And they're so simple to prepare with just chunks of chicken breast, olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper (just as I love to use for Grilled Lamb Chops!). Put the kabobs on the grill and in 15 minutes you'll be serving dinner!
Tried and True Grill Recipes
I have a handful of grill recipes that I return to year after year: Spicy Grilled Shrimp, Carne Asada, Lamb Kabobs, Grilled Green Beans, Mexican Street Corn, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and these chicken kabobs with rosemary and garlic. The common thread among these recipes is that they're simple and quick to prepare and, more importantly, entirely reliable. When we have friends over or head out to a BBQ or picnic, put your money on it that I'll have made one (or more!) of these.
I like to assemble these a few hours ahead of time and store them in the fridge. It’s nice to just relax with friends knowing that your main dish is ready to grill. Using even chunks of chicken helps ensure that all stay tender and juicy. And, if you’re lucky and have a few kabobs left over, the chicken is great straight from the fridge on its own, with Grilled Cauliflower Steaks, Corn Salad, Zucchini Salad, Watermelon and Arugula Salad, or atop Greek Salad, Greek Quinoa Salad, Greek Farro Salad, Kale and Quinoa Salad or Tabouli Salad (or Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad).
Rosemary Garlic Chicken Kabobs
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 3 boneless-skinless chicken breasts cut in bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary – dried rosemary is not a good substitute here
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- several grinds black pepper
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill. (You could use metal skewers if you like.)
- Combine remaining ingredients – chicken through pepper – in a large bowl. Stir to coat all sides of chicken chunks.
- Assemble kabobs by dividing chicken chunks and threading them on to 8 skewers. Cover skewers and refrigerate until you’re ready to grill.
- Preheat the grill to 375°F. Grill chicken for 3 minutes per side for a total of 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through and still moist. Serve.