Greek Farro Salad (also called Mediterranean Farro Salad) is hearty enough to be a meal on its own – a mouthwatering combination of nutty farro, sweet tomato, crisp cucumber, briny olives and salty capers, creamy feta cheese, crunchy red bell pepper and subtle shallot heat, all dressed simply with good olive oil, fresh lemon juice, garlic and a generous sprinkle of dried oregano (or Greek Salad Dressing).
One of the things I love best about this Greek farro salad is that, once I have the cooked farro in the refrigerator along with the other ingredients, I can throw this beauty together in just a few minutes. It makes the perfect easy lunch or lazy day dinner and is always a hit at picnics and potlucks.
This time of year, I honestly can’t get enough salad. And there are so many amazing salads to be had, to name just a few: Greek Salad, Greek Quinoa Salad, Italian Salad, Italian Pasta Salad, Curry Chicken Salad, Tabouli Salad, Carne Asada Steak Salad, Mexican Street Corn Salad, this whole collection of farro salads and SO MANY MORE. Yes, I have a thing for Main Course Salads!
Click here for more Mediterranean Recipes.
Try this once and you’ll be making it all summer long, I promise.
How to Make Greek Farro Salad
Step 1: To cooked farro add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
Step 2: To farro mixture add tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, shallot, olives, capers and dried oregano. Add feta and gently toss to combine. Serve.
Greek Farro Salad Recipe Video
Greek Farro Salad
- 3 cups cooked farro cooled (about 1 cup dry)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- pinch salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium plum tomatoes diced
- 2 medium cucumbers diced (peeled if necessary)
- 1 small red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 24 pitted kalamata olives halved (or pitted Greek olive mix)
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 ounces feta cheese finely diced or crumbled
- To a large serving bowl add farro, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Add next 8 ingredients (tomatoes through feta); gently toss to combine. Serve.
- Note that preparation time does not include cooking farro or allowing it to cool.
- For a slightly simpler version of this salad, dress it with Greek Salad Dressing instead.