Carne Asada Steak Salad with Mojo dressing is a lightened up and delicious way to serve grilled Carne Asada steak! With steak, tomatoes, feta, avocado and a zingy Mojo dressing that’s a riff on Carne Asada marinade!
Yes, I’ve been on a Grilled Carne Asada tear this week. I wanted to offer up one last option that I love: Carne Asada Steak Salad with Mojo Dressing. Remember that divine marinade I was telling you about? It happens to double as a fabulous salad dressing.
You use all of the ingredients in the marinade, but adjust the amounts: scale back the jalapeño and garlic, increase the olive oil and blend it all into a silky dressing.
Just like the Carne Asada Tacos and Carne Asada Burritos, this is best served family style. Serve the lettuce and all of the toppings separately and let everyone assemble their perfect salad including just the right amount of dressing.
Carne Asada Steak Salad Recipe Video
Carne Asada Steak Salad with Mojo Dressing
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/2 recipe Grilled Carne Asada thinly sliced across the grain
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Combine mojo dressing ingredients, except for olive oil, in a blender pitcher and blend until smooth. With the blender running, add olive oil in a steady stream and blend until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper and transfer to pitcher.
- Serve each of the salad ingredients in a separate bowl (platter for the Grilled Carne Asada).
- Serve family-style letting each person assemble their own salad and add dressing as they like.