Carne Asada Tacos are one of the best ways to serve grilled carne asada to a crowd! (Along with Carne Asada Burritos) Put the carne asada on the BBQ, warm the tortillas and serve all of the toppings family style for a fun and festive meal!
You have a house full of hungry people, a hot grill and ample skirt steak perfectly seasoned by Carne Asada marinade, aka MOJO. What’s next?
Carne Asada Tacos.
Grilled Carne Asada is perfectly delicious on it’s own, but dress it up in grilled corn tortillas and a bundle of colorful toppings and you’ve got a party!
How to Make Carne Asada Tacos
You’ll want to assemble your toppings ahead of time, including making Pico De Gallo at least 15 minutes before you plan to eat it. Grill the carne asada steak, let it rest and then thinly slice across the grain. Once you’ve sliced your steak, grill the tortillas – only about 30 seconds per side. Then serve everything up family-style letting guests create their perfect tacos. You may want to have a few pitchers of margaritas available too, I doubt anyone will mind. 🙂
Carne Asada Tacos Recipe Video
Carne Asada Tacos
For the Carne Asada tacos
- 1 recipe Carne Asada
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple or green cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese 6 ounces or more
- 2 medium avocados peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- hot sauce such as Tobasco or Cholula
- sour cream to taste
- lime wedges optional
- Prepare Carne Asada according to this recipe.
- Grill tortillas about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to platter.
- Serve thinly sliced Carne Asada and individual toppings family-style letting everyone assemble their own tacos.