Carne Asada Tacos are one of the best ways to serve grilled carne asada to a crowd! Put the carne asada on the BBQ, warm the tortillas and serve all of the toppings family style for a fun and festive meal!
You have a house full of hungry people, a hot grill and ample skirt steak perfectly seasoned by Carne Asada marinade, aka MOJO. What’s next?
Carne Asada Tacos.
Grilled Carne Asada is perfectly delicious on it’s own, but dress it up in grilled corn tortillas and a bundle of colorful toppings and you’ve got a party!
How to Make Carne Asada Tacos
You’ll want to assemble your toppings ahead of time, including making the easy Pico De Gallo at least 15 minutes before you plan to eat it. Grill the carne asada steak, let it rest and then thinly slice across the grain. Once you’ve sliced your steak, grill the tortillas – only about 30 seconds per side. Then serve everything up family-style letting guests create their perfect tacos. You may want to have a few pitchers of margaritas available too, I doubt anyone will mind. 🙂
Carne Asada Tacos
Easy Pico De Gallo Recipe
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes diced small
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 green onions white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- thinly sliced purple or green cabbage
- fresh cilantro chopped
- crumbled Cotija cheese 6 ounces or more
- sliced avocado at least 2
- hot sauce such as Tobasco or Cholula
- sour cream
- lime wedges
For the Carne Asada tacos
- 1 recipe Grilled Carne Asada or more - see recipe link in instructions
- 12 corn tortillas
Easy Pico De Gallo
- To make Easy Pico De Gallo: Combine first 8 ingredients (tomatoes through olive oil) in a medium bowl, gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Prepare at least 15 minutes before eating to allow flavors to marry.
Carne Asada Tacos
- Grill tortillas about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to platter.
- Serve all components family-style letting everyone assemble their own tacos.