Carne Asada Tacos are one of the best ways to serve grilled carne asada to a crowd! (Along with Carne Asada Burritos) Put the carne asada on the BBQ, warm the tortillas and serve all of the toppings family style for a fun and festive meal!
You have a house full of hungry people, a hot grill and ample skirt steak perfectly seasoned by Carne Asada marinade, aka MOJO. What's next?
Carne Asada Tacos.
Grilled Carne Asada is perfectly delicious on it's own, but dress it up in grilled corn tortillas and a bundle of colorful toppings for steak tacos and you've got a party!
How to Make Carne Asada Tacos
Start by preparing the flavorful marinade for your skirt steak (for the cut of beef, flank steak and sirloin are also options). Set aside 15 minutes for prep and a minimum of one hour and up to 8 hours for the meat to marinate and up to 25 minutes for grilling/resting the meat before slicing (depending on your desired doneness). You'll need: jalapeño, garlic cloves, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, and lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cumin, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. At this Carne Asada recipe, you'll find step by step photos, instructions, and a video tutorial.
You'll want to assemble your toppings ahead of time for this taco recipe, including making Pico De Gallo at least 15 minutes before you plan to eat it. Grill the carne asada steak, let it rest and then thinly slice across the grain on a cutting board. While your steak rests, grill the tortillas - only about 30 seconds per side and wrap in foil to let them soften and stay warm. Then serve everything up family-style letting guests create their perfect tacos. You may want to have a few pitchers of margaritas available too, I doubt anyone will mind. 🙂
Carne Asada Tacos
For the Carne Asada tacos
- 1 recipe Carne Asada
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups thinly sliced purple or green cabbage
- finely chopped white onion
- thinly sliced jalapeño
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese 6 ounces or more or queso fresco
- 2 medium avocados peeled, seeded and thinly sliced or Salsa Guacamole
- hot sauce such as Tobasco or Cholula
- sour cream to taste or Mexican crema
- lime wedges optional
- Prepare this Carne Asada recipe.
- Grill tortillas about 30 seconds per side. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Serve thinly sliced Carne Asada with warm tortillas and individual toppings family-style letting everyone assemble their own tacos.