This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy, spicy Jalapeño Ranch dressing is ideal for all kinds of Mexican inspired salads. But it also makes a wonderful dip for raw vegetables or sauce to drizzle on grilled meats and seafoods. Made in minutes in your blender or food processor with just 6 simple ingredients. If you're a ranch lover, it's a kitchen staple that you'll want to keep on hand.
A rich sour cream base (or Mexican crema) tames the fiery kick of fresh jalapeño pepper, but lets all of the flavor shine through. With fresh cilantro and chives, tangy lime juice and a touch of garlic, this Jalapeño Ranch recipe is lusciously creamy and vibrantly flavorful with mild to medium heat.
Ingredients You Need to Make Jalapeño Ranch
- Sour Cream: or Mexican crema
- Jalapeño: look for a fresh Jalapeño pepper with firm, smooth skin
- Garlic: fresh garlic clove
- Cilantro: fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- Chives: fresh chives or green onions
- Lime: fresh lime juice
- Kosher Salt
- Add extra lime juice for a tangier dressing.
- Swap in parsley or fresh dill for cilantro.
- Stir in dried herbs like Mexican oregano or garlic powder for flavor depth.
- Add black pepper or your favorite hot sauce for added extra spicy kick.
How to Store
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Stir before serving and add more lime juice or a splash of water or milk to thin if needed.
Serve as a Salad Dressing on:
- Pulled Pork Salad
- Carne Asada Steak Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- or make my Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Serve as a Dip with:
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Salt Potatoes
- Pulled Pork Quesadillas
Drizzle as a Sauce over:
How to Make this Jalapeño Ranch Recipe
Add all ingredients to a food processor or a blender pitcher and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and serve or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Jalapeño Ranch Recipe
- 1 ½ cups sour cream or Mexican crema
- 1 jalapeño seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 small green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor (or blender pitcher) and process until smooth, scraping down sides with a spatula as needed. Taste for seasoning and add more salt to taste; transfer to serving pitcher or jar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving size is 2 tablespoons - this recipe makes about 2 cups of dressing.