This post may contain affiliate links.
Make this easy Corn Salad with kernels cut fresh from the cob. Imagine the pop of sweet corn, buttery avocado, juicy tomato and peppery arugula all tossed in a tangy lemon dressing - you won't believe how much flavor so few ingredients deliver. It's the perfect pair for anything you're grilling and always welcome at summer parties and BBQs.
I make this Corn Salad recipe all summer long, starting from the moment we can buy fresh, sweet corn on the cob. It's hearty enough to enjoy for a light lunch and perfect alongside Grilled Lamb Chops, Grilled Shrimp, Chicken Kabobs, Carne Asada or Corn Cakes for a simple summer meal. Though it's delicious with raw corn, I often make it with freshly grilled corn cut from the cob using the method from this Mexican Street Corn Salad. Use any fresh corn on the cob that you like: yellow, white or bi-color (my favorite!), any variety works well (and be sure to make Corn Stock with the cobs).
Other Must Try Summer Salad Recipes!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad (easy, creamy, delicious, and low calorie!)
- Zucchini Salad (with feta, pine nuts, and fresh lemon - heavenly!)
- Greek Salad (fabulous with anything you're grilling!)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad (Always a hit!)
- Arugula Salad (So easy and the lemony, honey kissed dressing is amazing!)
- Corn Maque Choux (An easy recipe for the Southern classic!)
How to Make Corn Salad
Step 1: With a sharp knife, cut kernels from ears of corn close to the cob. Halve cherry tomatoes and dice avocado.
Step 2: Place fresh corn kernels, arugula, cherry tomato halves and diced avocado in a serving bowl.
Step 3: Whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil until combined; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Top with shaved or grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Corn Salad Recipe Video
Easy Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 ears fresh corn shucked
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese thinly shaved or grated
- With a sharp knife, cut kernels from ears of corn, close to the cob.
- Place arugula in a serving bowl large enough for tossing. Top with corn, tomatoes and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and gently toss to coat salad evenly. Top with shaved or grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Mary Ann | The Beach House Kitchen says
Summer wouldn't be summer without delicious corn salad Marissa! I make it quite often through the summer months and have never thought to add avocado! What have I been thinking? Thanks so much for the inspiration. Can't wait to try your recipe!
So true, Mary Ann - corn salad is a summer must! So excited for you to try this version! 🙂
Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella says
I'm a huge fan of corn and corn salad! I think it's the juiciness and sweetness of corn that appeals to me so much 😀
I agree, Lorraine! I love that sweet crunch!
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary says
This beautiful salad is seriously the epitome of summer! And, it's proof that fresh, well paired, simple ingredients really can transform into something outrageously delicious! I can't get enough corn when it's in season, so you can bet this salad is going to be happening in our kitchen on the regular!! Pinning to make! Cheers!!
What a sweet comment, Cheyanne! Thank you! It's so true that delicious meals come together easily when you have great ingredients!
This salad just screams summer! I too made a salad using fresh corn! Great minds, my friend! 😉
haha, love it! Thank you, Annie!
I love this! I use all of the other ingredients in my salads, but why not corn? And corn is everywhere in Oklahoma! Thanks!
Wonderful, Mimi! I'm so excited for you to try it in salad!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen says
This is exactly how I like to eat in the summer! Light and fresh is the way to my heart :). This salad looks awesome!
Thank you so much, Kelsie!
David @ Spiced says
Yes! I love bi-color corn, too, Marissa. It's a bit hard to find around here, but I can usually put my hands on some at least once a summer. And I know exactly how I want to use it now! This salad sounds delicious, and it would go well next to all sorts of grilled foods. Yum for sure!! Happy August (!!), my friend!
Thank you so much, David! And, seriously, how is it already August!?
yum this looks so fresh and delicious!
Thank you, Sherry!
So simple and delicious! I love summer salads like this---especially since sweet corn is at its prime!!!
Yes! Such a fleeting season for it - can't get enough this time of year. 🙂
Dawn - Girl Heart Food says
I could eat this all summer long too....all year for that matter! Love all the flavours going on here, Marissa....there's absolutely nothing I don't like. Big ol' yum, my friend!
Thanks so much, Dawn!