Make this easy Corn Salad with kernels cut fresh from the cob. Imagine the pop of sweet corn, buttery avocado, juicy tomato and peppery arugula all tossed in a tangy lemon dressing – you won’t believe how much flavor so few ingredients deliver. It’s the perfect pair for anything you’re grilling and always welcome at summer parties and BBQs.
I make this Corn Salad recipe all summer long, starting from the moment we can buy fresh, sweet corn on the cob. It’s hearty enough to enjoy for a light lunch and perfect alongside Grilled Lamb Chops, Grilled Shrimp, Chicken Kabobs, Carne Asada or Corn Cakes for a simple summer meal. Though it’s delicious with raw corn, I often make it with freshly grilled corn cut from the cob using the method from this Mexican Street Corn Salad. Use any fresh corn on the cob that you like: yellow, white or bi-color (my favorite!), any variety works well (and be sure to make Corn Stock with the cobs).
Other Must Try Summer Salad Recipes!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad (easy, creamy, delicious, and low calorie!)
- Zucchini Salad (with feta, pine nuts, and fresh lemon – heavenly!)
- Greek Salad (fabulous with anything you’re grilling!)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad (Always a hit!)
- Arugula Salad (So easy and the lemony, honey kissed dressing is amazing!)
- Corn Maque Choux (An easy recipe for the Southern classic!)
How to Make Corn Salad
Step 1: With a sharp knife, cut kernels from ears of corn close to the cob. Halve cherry tomatoes and dice avocado.
Step 2: Place fresh corn kernels, arugula, cherry tomato halves and diced avocado in a serving bowl.
Step 3: Whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil until combined; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 4: Pour dressing over salad and gently toss to coat. Top with shaved or grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Corn Salad Recipe Video
Easy Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 ears fresh corn shucked
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese thinly shaved or grated
- With a sharp knife, cut kernels from ears of corn, close to the cob.
- Place arugula in a serving bowl large enough for tossing. Top with corn, tomatoes and avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and gently toss to coat salad evenly. Top with shaved or grated parmesan cheese and serve.