There are just 6 ingredients in these Easy Coconut Macaroons and that includes the chocolate drizzle and dip which are optional. Just 15 minutes of active time start to finish - you'll be serving these coconut macaroon cookies in less than an hour!
It's this coconut macaroons recipe that inspired me to make homemade sweetened condensed milk - though you can make these with the canned variety, I promise it's worth the extra effort to make your own. I started with this recipe from Taste of Home, but used unsweetened coconut and added a chocolate drizzle and dip.
I love to have back pocket recipes for treats like this, where I have all of the ingredients on hand and can put them together easily. This recipe is also fun to make with kids who will enjoy stirring all of the ingredients together and scooping them out. And once the chocolate has cooled slightly, they'll love dipping the macaroon bottoms!
Other Delicious Dessert Recipes to Try
- S'mores Brownies
- Almond Flour Brownies
- Homemade Almond Joy
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Cowboy Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
Step 1: Combine coconut, flour and salt. Add sweetened condensed milk (ideally homemade!) and vanilla; stir until combined.
Step 2: Scoop coconut mixture out onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
Step 3: Melt chocolate in a glass bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water; stir until melted and smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle over coconut macaroons and dip macaroon bottoms if you like. Let chocolate set and serve!
Easy Coconut Macaroons Recipe Video
Easy Coconut Macaroons
- 2 ½ cups shredded unsweetened coconut 150g
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour 45g
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk ideally homemade
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut, flour and salt. Add sweetened condensed milk (ideally homemade!) and vanilla; stir until combined.
- Scoop coconut mixture out onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer parchment and cookies to cooling rack to cool.
- Add chocolate chips to a glass bowl set over, but not touching, simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Holding glass bowl with pot holder if hot, use a spoon to drizzle tops of macaroons with melted chocolate. If desired, dip the bottom of each cookie and return to parchment paper. Once chocolate has set, serve.