This simple and refreshing dessert is a great end to any summer meal, but especially a Meze. You’ll need to strain the yogurt a day ahead.
I think Greek brandy, like Metaxa, would be nice here in place of the Grand Marnier, but I haven’t tried it. If you do, let me know how it is.
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt we like Brown Cow whole milk vanilla
- 4 nectarines pitted and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange flavored liqueur
- Line a colander with two layers of cheese cloth and set it over a bowl large enough to capture any liquid that drains. Pour in yogurt. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
Divide nectarine chunks between 4 dessert bowls or ramekins; drizzle 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier over fruit in each bowl.
- Top each bowl with a generous dollop of strained vanilla yogurt and serve.