This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You didn’t think I froze all of the slow roasted tomatoes, right? As I was filling jars I was dreaming of this recipe for Roasted Tomato Pasta with Kale and Mozzarella: penne pasta in a rich sauce of roasted tomatoes and tender kale topped with melting mozzarella.
If you’ve already roasted the tomatoes, the hardest part of this Roasted Tomato Pasta is boiling pasta. If you haven’t roasted tomatoes, then you’ll have to open a can of roasted tomatoes. Either way, you’ll have dinner – or a really nice lunch – on the table in 15 minutes flat.
More Quick and Easy Pasta Recipes
- Spaghetti alla Puttanesca
- Pasta Aglio e Olio (You may have seen this one in the movie, ‘Chef’!)
- Pasta alla Norma
- Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Roasted Tomato Pasta with Kale and Mozzarella
- 10 ounces penne or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 large shallot coarsely chopped
- 29 ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes such as Muir Glen
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale sliced crosswise into thin ribbons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella shredded
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until shallots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and kale; cook and stir until most of the liquid from the tomatoes has evaporated and kale is tender.
- Drain pasta and add directly into tomato mixture; stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide pasta mixture into two serving bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Divide mozzarella evenly over bowls and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.