So you’ve followed the BEST English Muffin Recipe and you have fresh, homemade English Muffins. Hmmm, what to do? Make English Muffin Breakfast Sandwiches with bacon, fried egg and cheddar of course!
I’ve written this recipe for one breakfast sandwich, but it’s easily scalable to feed the number of hungry people that you happen to have (like Welsh Rarebit). They’re very easy to assemble: perfect for one, a couple, a whole family or a crowd when you have overnight guests who enjoy a hearty breakfast!
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon Fried Egg and Cheddar
- 1 English muffin preferably homemade
- 1 large strip cottage bacon or 2 bacon strips
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- butter or olive oil for frying egg
- salt and pepper
- small handful baby arugula rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Cook bacon to desired crispness; transfer to paper towel.
- Slice English muffin in and place cut side up onto rimmed baking sheet. Divide cheese equally between halves. Place in oven for a few minutes for cheese to melt.
- While cheese melts, fry egg in a teaspoon or so of butter or olive oil to desired doneness. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble sandwich: place bottom half of English muffin on a serving plate and top with bacon, fried egg, and arugula. Put the other muffin half on top and serve.