You won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade Champagne Gummy Bears! You just need 3 simple ingredients, 30 minutes of your time and gummy bear molds. Wrap these tipsy bears for a fun edible gift, stack them high in a champagne coup for an elegant party treat or keep them all for yourself!
I discovered Champagne Gummy Bears while visiting the Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Geyserville, California. I spotted the adorable little sugarfina box filled with pink and white bears and I couldn’t resist. I don’t even want to tell you how much I paid for a tiny handful, but it got me to wondering? Could I make homemade Champagne Gummy Bears and skip the steep price tag?
As you’ve guessed, the answer is yes – it’s a snap to make homemade gummy bears! With a little Champagne (or any sparkling wine: Prosecco, Cava, etc.), some gelatin and a little sugar, you can make them in minutes. I made a couple of batches: Brut Champagne gummy bears and Sparkling Rose Gummy Bears because I wanted a mix of pretty pink and shimmery white.
For the practicalities: You will need gummy bear molds, here is the silicone variety I used. And here’s the step by step process (you can also watch the how-to video just above the recipe).
More Easy and Delicious Treats
How to Make Homemade Gummy Bears
Step 1: Add Champagne or other sparkling wine to a small saucepan over low heat.
Step 2: Whisk in sugar.
Step 3: Whisk in gelatin.
Step 4: Continue whisking until sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
Step 5: Many gummy bear molds come with an eyedropper for filling, but I think this is unnecessarily tedious. Instead pour warm mixture over gummy bear molds and wipe away excess with an offset spatula. (Doing this on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper makes for easy clean up.)
Step 5: Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until gummy bears have set up. Remove and serve or refrigerate in an airtight container.
Homemade Champagne Gummy Bears Recipe Video
Homemade Champagne Gummy Bears
- 1/2 cup Champagne or other sparkling wine, Brut or Rose
- 2 tablespoons powdered gelatin about 3 standard packets
- 3 tabelspoons granulated sugar
Special Equipment Required
- 2 gummy bear molds 50 bears per mold
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 2 gummy bear molds on top. Place an offset spatula nearby.
- Pour Champagne into a small saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and then powdered gelatin, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until both sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
- Slowly pour Champagne mixture over gummy bear molds a little at a time, starting from the center and working to the edges, using an offset spatula to wipe away excess. To have the best shaped gummy bears, you want each mold to be full with the area around it relatively clean. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until gummy bears have set up completely.
- Remove gummy bears from molds and serve or refrigerate in an airtight container.