This post may contain affiliate links.
Made in less than 10 minutes, Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce transforms a few simple ingredients into a rich, silky sauce that elevates everything from pasta and vegetables to meat, fish and seafood.
Having a few versatile, creamy sauce recipes up your sleeve is a lifesaver, especially when you need to make a nice dinner fast. This bright, fragrant sauce with a delectably buttery texture is one of those recipes.
Ingredients You Need to Make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Butter: salted or unsalted butter
- Olive Oil: ideally good, extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh Garlic: Look for a firm, fresh head of garlic with large cloves and smooth skin.
- Lemon: Ideally organic as you'll need both juice and zest.
- Parsley: Fresh, flat leaf parsley (Italian parsley) - dried parsley is not a good substitute in this dish.
- Kosher Salt
This sauce shares many similarities with classic creamy sauces in Italian and French cuisines. Sautéing garlic in a rich blend of butter and olive oil creates a deeply flavorful base, but it's the fresh lemon juice and zest that makes all the difference. A Mediterranean element that lightens the sauce and adds bright flavor and aroma. (Your kitchen will smell amazing). A restaurant-quality lemon garlic butter sauce in 7 minutes flat.
Though this vibrant, buttery sauce is ideal for seafood, its uses are endless. Add spark to a side of steamed vegetables or platter of grilled meat, drizzle over a tender fish fillet for an alluring lunch, or toss with your favorite pasta to feed your family fast or for a quick and easy date-night dinner. It's such a simple recipe that you'll learn it by heart.
More Recipes You'll Love
How to make Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir garlic in sizzling butter and olive oil until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest and fresh parsley. Season to taste with salt and serve.
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- kosher salt to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a small saucepan or skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Add minced garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice, and parsley. Season with salt to taste and serve.