This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I still can’t get over how fresh the fish is on Tuesday’s at the Mouton-Duvernet Market. This cod smelled of nothing but the sea.
A hot skillet, a pat of butter, a smattering of chopped shallots and chives, a squeeze of fresh lemon and dinner was done.
Table of Contents
For a hearty and delicious autumn meal, serve this fish with a simple green salad and a bowl of Potato Leek Soup or a generous scoop of Gratin Dauphinois (Potato Gratin). And if you’re a cod lover like me, don’t miss this Parmesan Baked Cod recipe.
Pan Roasted Cod with Fresh Herbs and Lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 6-ounce true cod fillets
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, cook and stir until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add cod fillets to skillet in a single layer; cook 3-4 minutes per side until opaque in the middle.
- Squeeze the 1/2 lemon over fillets and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.