This post may contain affiliate links.
With just 5 ingredients and one pot, Brie Pasta with Broccoli and Walnuts comes together in 15 minutes. I love to make it with whole wheat rotini, but you can make it with any short pasta you like!
For a special occasion dinner, like an anniversary or birthday, I'm happy to spend a lot of time planning and preparing a meal. But for weeknights and lazy weekend days, I want delicious dishes that come together quickly. Often I turn to Pasta Aglio e Olio or Bucatini all'Amatriciana or, as you've guessed, this Brie Pasta recipe!
It's a delicious balance of fresh and rich flavors and you can prepare it in the time it takes to boil pasta. You'll find it's a versatile dish; experiment with different nuts, veggies, cheeses, and pasta shapes!
Brie Pasta with Broccoli and Walnuts
- 12 ounces whole wheat rotini or any short pasta
- 1 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 6 ounces brie cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces toasted walnuts chopped
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boil. Once water boils, add rotini and cook according to package directions.
- When pasta is 4 minutes from being done, add broccoli florets to boiling water.
- Once pasta is al dente and broccoli is crisp-tender, drain them together in a colander, reserving ½ cup or more of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta and broccoli to the cooking pot along with a little bit of the cooking liquid. Sprinkle in the chunks of brie and swirl in the olive oil; toss just until the brie starts to melt. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between four bowls. Top each bowl with ¼ of the walnuts and serve.