Elevate almost any holiday pie with this buttery, warmly spiced Gingersnap Crust. It's the ultimate crumb crust for ginger lovers.
With just 4 ingredients and a food processor, you can make this delectable gingersnap cookie crust in just 15 minutes, including baking time! Use store bought gingersnaps or, even better, with Homemade Gingersnap Cookies with an extra punch of ginger spice.
Gingersnap Crust Ingredient List
- Gingersnap Cookies: These homemade gingersnap cookies are perfect because they're ultra crunchy with punchy ginger flavor!
- Sugar: granulated white sugar or brown sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Butter: salted butter, or unsalted butter with a pinch of kosher salt
This crust is the ideal choice for Pumpkin Chiffon Pie and pumpkin cheesecake, but you'll find that it's an equally delicious swap for a baked pie crust (like my Lard Pie Crust) or graham cracker crust in traditional American pies. Try it with pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie or even Chocolate Rum Pie for your holiday table and for no-bake pies in the summertime. And don't forget how beautifully ginger enhances lemon, so use this versatile crust for lemon chiffon pie and lemon cheesecake too!
How to Make Gingersnap Crust
Add gingersnap cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have fine gingersnap crumbs. Add sugar and cinnamon and pulse to combine; pour in melted butter and pulse to combine.
Pour gingersnap mixture into a 9-inch pie plate (deep-dish) and use a dry measuring cup to press evenly onto the bottom and sides.
Bake for 5 minutes in a 350˚F preheated oven. Remove and set aside to cool. When cooled completely, fill as desired.
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs ~9 ounces Gingersnap Cookies
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Pulse gingersnap cookies in a food processor until you have fine crumbs (about 2 cups). Add sugar and cinnamon and pulse a few times to combine. Pour melted butter over and pulse until mixture is well combined.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a 9-inch, deep-dish pie pan and use a measuring cup to firmly press the mixture evenly onto bottom and up the sides. Bake 5 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely. Fill as desired.