Now that you know how easy it is to make oven roasted pork belly, how about some Pork Belly Tacos? Soft corn tortillas filled with crispy-edged, tender pork belly, crunchy cabbage, earthy cilantro and a spicy tangy drizzle. And you can make them in less than 30 minutes!
For most of my life, I only knew tacos as tortillas filled with ground beef, cheese, lettuce and sour cream. But now tacos represent endless meal opportunities, tortillas just waiting to be filled with: shrimp (in our favorite Shrimp Tacos), slow cooker pulled chicken, roasted vegetables, Pork Carnitas, Carne Asada and, now, pork belly! And it's not just about the base filling, but getting creative with toppings.
The toppings for these pork belly tacos are a fusion of Mexican and Asian inspired flavors: cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion and a light drizzle of spicy-salty-tangy mayonnaise.
Make these for a couple or a crowd, they're simple to assemble and are sure to leave everyone rubbing their bellies and sighing with satisfaction!
More Must-Try Taco Recipes
Pork Belly Tacos
- 8 small corn tortillas
- ½ recipe Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly
Spicy Tangy Mayonnaise
- red or green cabbage thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro chopped
- green onions finely chopped
- jalepeno thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap 2 stacks of 4 tortillas separately in foil. Heat in oven 10 to 15 minutes until soft and warm.
- Meanwhile, slice Oven Roasted Crispy Pork Belly (or other cooked pork belly) into ⅛-inch crosswise slices. Place in a skillet over medium heat and fry until edges are crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet to a paper towel to drain.
- To make Spicy Tangy Mayonnaise: whisk together mayonnaise, sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice.
- To assemble tacos: top each warm tortilla with ⅛ of pork belly, desired amount of toppings and Spicy Tangy Mayonnaise. Squeeze a fresh lime over the top if you like. Serve.