This post may contain affiliate links.
It's easy to make delectable Roasted Baby Potatoes with just a few simple ingredients and 10 minutes of prep. Tossed with olive oil, garlic and fresh rosemary then roasted to perfection, they're crispy outside, creamy within and vividly flavorful.
Potatoes are a staple food around the globe for good reason. They are inexpensive, versatile, nutritious and their mild flavor makes an ideal canvas for endless embellishment. Of the many potato varieties, baby potatoes stand out for their flavor, texture and ease (no peeling required!).
Ingredients You Need to Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Olive Oil: extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh Rosemary: or fresh thyme
- Garlic: fresh garlic cloves
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Baby Red Potatoes: or baby Yukon gold potatoes or other baby potato
- Flaky Sea Salt: such as Maldon brand
- Fresh Parsley: for garnish, optional
Baby potatoes are just standard potatoes that are harvested before they've fully matured. Compared to full grown potatoes, they have a creamier texture and a thinner, more delicate skin. They also cook in a fraction of the time that large potatoes require.
No, they don't need to be boiled before roasting.
25 to 30 minutes at 425˚F. Roasting time depends upon the size of the baby potatoes. It's best to start with potatoes of similar (larger baby potatoes can be quartered, while very small ones can be left whole).
No. Baby potatoes have thin, delicate skin that does not need to be peeled.
- Use any variety of baby potato you like or a combination of several (baby red potatoes, baby blue potatoes, baby Yukon golds, baby sweet potatoes etc.)
- Swap in fresh thyme for rosemary or use a combination of the two. Dried herbs or Italian seasoning are also options.
- Add crushed red pepper or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a kick of spice.
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese when the potatoes are hot for added richness and flavor.
More Must Try Potato Side Dishes
How to Make Roasted Baby Potatoes
Toss potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, kosher salt and pepper until coated evenly.
Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in a preheated 425˚F oven 25-30 minutes until tender and golden brown, stirring halfway through. Finish with flaky salt and parsley and serve.
Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes baby red potatoes or baby Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- flaky sea salt such as Maldon, for serving
- minced fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, rosemary, garlic, kosher salt and pepper. Add halved potatoes and toss to coat evenly. Spread into an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast 25 to 30 minutes until tender and golden brown, stirring potatoes once halfway through. Transfer to serving platter and finish with flaky salt and parsley if desired. Serve.