This post may contain affiliate links.
Some vegetables that deserve center stage always seem to end up in a supporting roll. I've already made my case for Chinese broccoli, now I want to talk about baby bok choy.
Like everyone else, I love baby bok choy in a mixed vegetable stir-fry. But it's also wonderful on it's own.
You'll find that baby bok choy is amenable to many flavor combinations. This is one of my favorites: sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and a little chili paste kick.
Spicy Sesame Ginger Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 heads baby bok choy coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chile paste such as sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add bok choy, chile paste and soy sauce; cook 3 to 5 minutes, until greens have wilted and stalks are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with toasted sesame oil. Serve.