This post may contain affiliate links.
A couple of years ago we were on vacation in Portland, Oregon and I bought a little jar of fresh herb salt. Before that I hadn't considered that fresh herbs could be preserved so simply by mixing them with salt. I've bought jar after jar since then - many of them as gifts - and the other day I thought, why can't I make this? So I did; you should too. Here's how!
Special thanks to Dexter Britain for the use of his track, "Summers Coming".
Fresh Herb Salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cups fresh herbs lightly packed (I use a mixture of oregano, thyme, and sage)
- 1 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- With the food processor running, add clove of garlic through the shoot to mince. Add fresh herbs to the bowl the food processor; process until very fine, about 30 seconds.
- Combine salt, freshly ground black pepper and herb mixture in a medium bowl; whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Transfer to airtight container and store in a cool dry place.