This post may contain affiliate links.
I wrote recently about my favorite homemade ranch dressing, what I make when I'm in the mood for salad dressing that I can 'see'. Now I have a another option.
It was ranch that I had in mind when I looked in the refrigerator. I didn't have parsley, but I did have basil, chives and a lovely little block of Italian gorgonzola. What I discovered is that gorgonzola gets along famously with basil. Who knew?
We're on our third batch and have used this to dress green salads, as a twist on Niçoise and even as a dip for raw vegetables.
When you make this dressing, which will take you exactly 4 minutes, I recommend saving the lion's share of the gorgonzola for the very end. Toss it into the blender and pulse a few times. This way you'll have tiny gorgonzola chunks throughout your dressing.
6 Ingredient Basil and Gorgonzola Dressing
- 2 tablespoons milk or more (enough to reach your desired consistency)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 ounces gorgonzola divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add milk, sour cream, garlic, basil, chives, and ⅓ of the gorgonzola to a blender pitcher.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the remaining gorgonzola pulse just a few times to distribute little chunks of it throughout the dressing. Serve.