This post may contain affiliate links.
This Citrus Salad is a combination of bright citrus flavors lightly dressed in sweet tangy vinaigrette and topped with crunchy pistachios.
I've told you about my friend Barb before; remember the girl who goes all out for parties? Well this party was for her daughter's engagement, so you can imagine. It was elegant and lovely just like Barb and Lily.
When Barb asked me to bring a fruit salad for the party spread, I wanted to make something fresh, colorful, lively. A mixed Citrus Salad was just right.
I'll warn you that there is no covering poor quality fruit with this. The salad will be as good as the the oranges and grapefruit that you use, so choose carefully. When you find juicy, ripe citrus fruits you'll be rewarded with one of the most refreshing and beautiful salads you could hope for.
Mixed Citrus Salad with Honey Lemon Mint Vinaigrette and Pistachios
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 Meyer lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 cara cara oranges
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- ⅓ cup roasted shelled pistachios coarsely chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- Whisk lemon juice, honey and fresh mint together in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, add olive oil in a slow stream. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For the Salad
- Use a sharp knife to slice top and bottom ends of an orange. Then, following the contour of the fruit, cut off the peel and pith in strips. Turn orange on its side and slice into very thin rounds. Repeat with remaining citrus fruits arranging them on a serving platter as you go.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad then sprinkle with pistachios. Serve.