This post may contain affiliate links.
How do you make mouthwatering Pork Belly Sliders? Slather fluffy brioche slider buns with spicy sesame-sriracha mayonnaise, then top with juicy slabs of crispy pork belly and pile high with crunchy, quick pickled vegetables.
Stop me when this sounds like you: It's football season and you're having friends coming over to watch a game. Or maybe you've called some friends and family over for a laid-back backyard barbecue. You feel like making quick and easy finger food snacks of appetizers, and you're craving something rich, bright and totally satisfying. If this sounds like you, I've got just the thing.
You'll start with fluffy, buttery brioche slider buns that you've made yourself (I promise it's easy with my no-knead recipe!). A generous spread of spicy, creamy mayo, layers of meltingly tender pork belly and vibrant pickled vegetables and you've got a crowd-pleasing meal on your hands.
Ingredients You Need to Make Pork Belly Sliders
- Slider Buns: ideally these easy Brioche Slider Buns or store-bought slider buns or Hawaiian Rolls
- Pre-Cooked Pork Belly: I recommend one of these two recipes: Crispy Pork Belly or Chashu Pork
- Carrots: look for bright orange, firm carrots
- Daikon Radish: look for firm, smooth skinned, bright white daikon radishes
- Green Onions: look for bright green, firm green onions
- Rice Vinegar: unseasoned or rice wine vinegar
- Sugar: white granulated sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Mayonnaise: your favorite brand or my 5-minute Avocado Oil Mayonnaise or Homemade Sesame Mayonnaise
- Sriracha Sauce
- Sesame Oil: toasted
I have two favorite pork belly recipes and I honestly can't decide which I crave more. I hope you'll try them both! They have a couple things in common: they're both dead simple to make and wildly delicious. My basic Roasted Crispy Pork Belly recipe (just 4 simple ingredients) and Chashu Pork, the classic ramen topper that's entirely versatile. Either work beautifully for these pretty pork sandwiches and you can use skin-on or skinless pork belly. The one caveat is that you need to start 1 to 2 days ahead of when you plan to serve them. I promise it's worth the wait and very minimal effort.
Though the brioche buns and crispy pork belly are the stars here, don't think for a second that the pickled vegetables or sandwich spread are an afterthought. They're the extra spark that makes these sandwiches so easy to love! Julienned and quick pickled daikon radishes and carrots contrast pork belly's lucious fattiness with bright acidity. The final component, one that brings the whole dish together, is a creamy, spicy, toasty sesame-sriracha mayo — it's a game-changer.
How to Make Pork Belly Sliders
Step 1: In a small bowl combine carrot and daikon radish strips with rice vinegar, sugar and salt; cover and refrigerate.
Step 2: Stir together mayonnaise, sriracha sauce and sesame oil; refrigerate.
Step 3: Thinly slice pork belly (roasted pork belly or chashu pork) and pan fry until warm with crispy edges.
Step 4: To assemble sandwiches: slide each slider bun in half crosswise and spread each side with sesame-sriracha mayonnaise. Place pork slices on bottom bun and top with pickled vegetables and remaining half of bun. Secure sliders with cocktail picks if desired and serve.
Pork Belly Sliders
For Quick Pickled Vegetables
- 2 carrots cut into julienne strips (recipe note #1)
- 1 daikon radish cut into julienne strips
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For Spicy Sesame-Sriracha Mayonnaise
- ½ cup mayonnaise or homemade sesame mayonnaise (see recipe note #2 for recipe)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil omit if using homemade sesame mayonnaise
To make the Quick Pickled Vegetables:
- Combine carrot and daikon radish strips with rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make Spicy Sesame-Sriracha Mayonnaise:
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sriracha and sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
To assemble Pork Belly Sliders:
- Pan-fry thin slices of pre-cooked pork belly until warm and lightly golden.
- Slice one slider bun in half crosswise and slather with sesame-sriracha mayonnaise. Layer bottom half with pork belly slices and a small pile of quick pickled vegetables. Place slider bun on top and secure slider with cocktail pick if desired. Repeat with remaining slider buns. Arrange on a board or platter and serve.