This post may contain affiliate links.
If you want something that looks pretty fancy but is a snap to make, look no further. With a little bit of forethought and less than 30 minutes of active time, you can make these Pork Belly, Cucumber and Kimchi Lettuce Wraps for yourself or for a crowd.
Remember that Oven Roasted Pork Belly I shared with you a while ago? These wraps are just that fabulous pork belly all dressed up.
The hardest part of this recipe, is remembering to rub the salt and sugar on the pork belly the night before you're going to roast it. Or you could even intend to do that, forget about it and do it the morning that you plan to roast it, **ahem**. For the rest of the ingredients, I just bought them, including the kimchi. Though it's on my to-do list to try making my own soon.
If you make this for a group, no need to put the wraps together ahead of time. It's more fun to have all of the ingredients on separate plates with the dressing in a little pitcher and let everyone assemble their own. Serve alongside other party fare like Baked Buffalo Wings, Baked Coconut Shrimp, and maybe a refreshing Chinese Cucumber Salad!
Spicy Pork Belly, Cucumber and Kimchi Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound Oven Roasted Pork Belly see recipe notes for recipe
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Hot Mustard
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce whole leaves separated, washed and dried
- 1 cup kimchi or more
- ½ English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 small Thai red chili seeded and thinly sliced
- large handful fresh mint leaves
- Prepare this Oven Roasted Pork Belly recipe - you'll need to begin it the night before you plan to serve these. Wrap and refrigerate.
- Remove Oven Roasted Pork Belly from the refrigerator and cut into ¼-inch slices.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pork belly in a single layer and fry until crisp on one side. Flip and fry the other side until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plate.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar and Chinese Hot Mustard. Then, whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in toasted sesame oil; whisk until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve Wrap Ingredients
- On a single serving platter or several small serving plates, serve lettuce leaves, pork belly slices and toppings.
To Assemble One Wrap:
- Place 2 slices pork belly in the bottom of a lettuce leaf and top with desired amount of kimchi, cucumber slices, chili slices and mint leaves. Drizzle with a small amount of dressing. Eat and repeat!